Monday, October 08, 2007

Writing Shmiting

It's qualude-strength downer when in some of the books I read the prose are so damned good that it makes me feel ridiculous posting my thoughts to this blog. Or assembling them in writing anywhere else. While I do write for me, it is rewarding having other people read even if they are too chicken to post a comment here but rather leave me well thought out correspondence via email. Of the fabulous writers I encounter with legitimate, publishable paragraphs, the commonality among them is streamlining toward a idea generated zenith. This is too rigid for my manic and schizophrenic style and certainly would be foreboding should I desire anything of substance outside the confines of the safe haven here. For instance, in the 2012 book by Dan Pinchbeck he uses an entire chapter to display and disseminate things that are happening in and to the trancendental worldview and summarizes it thusly:

"If you believe the shadows are growing darker it is only because the light that cast them is growing brighter."

Fabulous. Taken out of context it would just be a well written line but within the parameters of the subject matter, and summary placement, it's spot-on. Why oh why was I born gorgeous with a stream of consciousness handicap?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will leave it to you to ascertain the identity of this post. I have in fact responded to past musings on your blog so please forgive me using other non published venues to respond. I am just now getting comfortable with 90's technolgy and find myself hesitant to join you in the blog pool. Adult swim and all. As per your topic of dinasours, I am heartend to hear that you might conclude Darwin and other secular scientists have som splaining to do. Now do not get me wrong, I do not take the good book literally but I am also confident it was devinely inspired. I also dont believe the term "fossil fuels". For all we know oil is being produced by mother earth at this very instant. I say lets do the tree huggers a favor, lets all buy SUV's and try to run the world out of oil. That way we would have no alternative but to find alternatives. Like perpetual motion machines. But only the rich could afford them. Damm PMM manufactures! Maybe the folks at Ford can do more research on powering cars with positive thoughts and rainbows.

newanubis said...

Hehee...now there's some sweet dialogue that with just a drop of elaboration could hold its own with blogging hoi polloi. Looking forward to your link, P.

Anonymous said...

You don't give yourself enough credit on your writing. You really do rank right up there with the best of them. Sometimes, you may ramble, but it is always interesting and intriguing to see where your logic is going to take me. And what new curiosity your writings will spark in the conscious or unconscious mind.

Anonymous said...

Just had a moment of brilliance while I was making baked chicken. Here's a possible blog topic:

"A Connoisseur's Guide To The Top 100 Junk Foods"

Heck...that could be an entire book!